Triathlon / Endurance Coaching
Why we are better than the rest:
- Academic Experience
- Clinical Experience
- Race Experience
Very few coaching services offer all three.
Goals of Coach Cherry
- Training is key, but your recovery plan is just as if not more important.
- To go fast, you must go fast. Setting up your plan for the week, month, and the season (Periodization).
- It is better to be 10-15% under trained than 1% over trained.
- Injury free training, we have the contacts to get you to an MD or physical therapist if needed.
Your coach for endurance events, with the clinical and race experience that you need to succeed.
Dawson L. Cherry, MA, CSCS
- Qualifier in first 10 years of doing triathlons for the annual National Triathlon Championships.
- Overall winner in multiple races (Goldsboro, Jacksonville, NC triathlons, Greensboro and Chapel Hill, NC Biathlons)
- First International overall amateur St. Croix Triathlon 1998
- 13th overall, 6th amateur Alcatraz Triathlon, 1996
- 15th, 5th overall Assault on Mt. Mitchell, 1992, 1993
- Qualifier for US Cycling Federation National Time Trials (40k) 1989, top 3 overall SC/NC District
- Half Ironman PR of 4:10:53 at Tupper Lake, NY, 1989
- 10:08:30 at Ironman Florida, 25th in age group, 40-44
- 3rd Overall 2007 Charleston Sprint Series
- 1st, 2nd, 2nd in 2007Charleston Sprints 1-3 races
- Initial Consult and One time review of Program
- 4 week Training Program
- 12 week Training Program for major event with email and phone consult
Our prices: We will match or beat any similar program.
Our expertise: Clinical plus race experience, unbeatable.
"I was a 46 yr old working mother of 3 who had a crazy idea of tackling a Half Ironman. I was a good swimmer, a decent cyclist and a below-par runner who had only one half marathon under my belt (years before) and had never competed in a Tri longer than a Sprint. Dawson tailored a doable 12-week training plan that gave me the confidence and muscle I needed. Between work, kids and life-in-general, I had a million excuses why I couldn't/shouldn't do this kind of training, and one persistent voice telling me I could -- the voice of Coach Cherry. I ended up winning the Women's Masters division of that Half Ironman, and on the steam left over from training, placed 2nd in my age group in an Olympic distance tri a few months later. Dawson's advice, strategies and encouragement were always spot-on, but even more valuable was his wisdom and balanced perspective. He's as much about building character as speed. Granted, he ain't Coach K, but he knows his stuff."
Stephanie H. - Mount Pleasant, SC